- One 3 1/2 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound fresh horseradish, peeled and grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Port Wine Reduction
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Rub the tenderloin with the oil and Emeril's Original Essence. Heat a sautÈ pan large enough to hold the tenderloin over high heat until the pan is very hot, about 2 minutes. Sear the meat until evenly browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
- Line a shallow baking pan fitted with a wire rack with aluminum foil. Place the tenderloin on the rack. Rub the top and sides of the meat with the mustard.
- Combine the horseradish, black pepper, garlic, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Using your hands, press the horseradish mixture over the mustard on the top and sides of the tenderloin.
- Roast the tenderloin for about 30 minutes for rare (120 to 125?F on an instant meat thermometer) and about 35 minutes for medium-rare (130 to 140?F on an instant meat thermometer).
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle the beef with the Worcestershire sauce and wine reduction.
Sugarcane Baked Ham With Spiced Apples And Pears
Andouille Crusted Oysters With Spinach Coulis
Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches With Horseradish Spread
Stewed Black Eyed Peas
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Smothered Veal Chops With Tasso Mushroom Gravy
Chicken And Andouille Strudel With Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Oyster And Parsley Chowder With Parmesan Tuiles