- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Emeril's Original Essence, for sprinkling
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken stock or canned low sodium broth
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/3 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salsa, optional
- Guacamole, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the tortilla bowls, cut a 3-inch wedge from each tortilla and discard. Take a baking sheet and place a stainless steel mixing bowl upside down on the baking sheet. Brush 1 tortilla with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with Essence. Drape tortilla over the bowl, pressing to form into a bowl shape. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Strain the beef in a colander set over a bowl and discard the drained fat. Return the beef to the pan and add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the chili powder, Baby Bam, and salt, stir, and add the chicken stock. When the broth is reduced by half, remove from the heat, about 1 minute. Let cool.
- To assemble the salads, place 1 bowl, cup side up, on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/2 cup of the ground beef mixture into the center of each bowl. Top with 1/2 cup of the shredded lettuce, 1/3 cup of the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the cheese, and the sour cream. Add salsa and guacamole, if desired, and serve.
Talk About A Taco Salad
Dandelion Taco Salad
Emeril's Taco Salad With A Roasted Poblano Buttermilk Dressing
Garlic Lovers' Pot Roast And Real Deal Rice Pilaf
Fondue For You
Emeril's Favorite Fried Egg Sandwich
Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples
Maui Tacos Fish Taco With Pineapple Tomato Salsa