Mini Potato Pancakes
These delights are incredibly delicious on their own. Serve them for breakfast or as a side dish. Just please donít let the kids add ketchup! Unless, of course, you made it yourself.
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Peel the potatoes, and grate them on the large holes of a box grater or using the large grate disc on a food processor.
Using a kitchen towel, wring the grated potatoes dry in two batches. Add the potatoes and onion to a mixing bowl, and toss gently with the eggs. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
2. Pour enough vegetable oil into a large skillet to reach a depth of 1/8 inch, and heat it over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the pancake mixture by tablespoonfuls. Gently flatten each pancake with the back of a fork, and pan-fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining pancake mixture, adding more oil as needed between batches.
Yield: 36 potato pancakes
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved