Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
There is nothing more “Louisiana” than sweet potatoes. We eat them baked, boiled, smashed, grilled, in gravies and casseroles—you name it.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick rounds
- 1⁄4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup very thinly shaved red onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crumbled Cotija cheese (or other mild crumbly cheese, such as farmer’s cheese)
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high and the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl, and add the 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well. Then
place the potatoes on the grill and cook until nice grill
marks develop, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet, place it in the oven, and bake until they are tender enough to easily pierce with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. Arrange the sweet potato slices on a platter, and drizzle the remaining 1⁄4 cup olive oil and the lime juice over them. Sprinkle with the cilantro, red onion, and cheese, and serve.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved