- 12 ounces garlic (about 5 large heads)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350įF. Cut a piece of aluminum
foil to measure approximately 12◊8 inches.
2. Slice the top quarter off each head of garlic, and
place the garlic, cut side up, on one side of the piece of
foil. Drizzle the oil over the garlic, and sprinkle with
the salt and pepper. Fold the other side of the foil over, and seal on all sides to form an airtight pouch. Transfer the pouch to a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until the cloves are soft and golden brown, about 1 hour.
3. Remove the pouch from the oven and let it sit until the garlic is cool enough to handle. Then squeeze each head of garlic, gently pressing it with your fingers to expel the soft cloves into a bowl. Stir the garlic with a rubber spatula to blend it thoroughly. Use as needed, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: Generous 3/4 cup
Note: If you donít need 5 whole heads of roasted garlic, simply use as many as you need and follow the method here,
drizzling with just enough olive oil to coat the top cut edges of the garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved