Hey guys, this is so easy to make at home. And just as delicious, if not better, as the one from your favorite shop.
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 8 slices rye bread
- 8 ounces sliced Emmenthaler cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained if necessary
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced corned beef or pastrami
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1. Spread 1 tablespoon of the Thousand Island Dressing on each slice of bread. Divide the cheese, sauerkraut, and pastrami among 4 of the slices, and top each sandwich with the remaining bread. Spread the tops of the sandwiches with half of the butter.
2. Heat a 12-inch (or larger) skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches, buttered side down, in batches if necessary, and weight them down with a castiron press or another heavy skillet. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown and crisped, 2 to 3 minutes. Butter the top of the sandwiches with the remaining butter, turn them over, and cook them for another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board, slice them in half, and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 Sandwiches
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved