I Can't Believe It's Gluten-free Peanut Butter Cookies
My daughters, Jessie and Jilly, loved these gluten-free cookies growing up and now they are launching their very own gluten-free cookbook.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Position two oven racks in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
3. Divide dough into 24 portions, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Roll each portion between your hands to form a smooth ball. Place balls of dough on ungreased cookie sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. (You should get about 12 cookies per sheet.) Using a fork, press on dough in two directions to form a crosshatch pattern. Bake 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove with a spatula and let cool completely on wire racks.
Yield: 24 cookies
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved