Simple Roasted Turkey Breast
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- One whole turkey breast, bone-in (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Serves 4 to 6
Position oven rack to second level from bottom and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place butter, thyme, rosemary, and garlic in a small bowl. Using the back of a spoon, mix to blend.
Remove turkey from the package and bring to room temperature, covered with a damp towel, about 4 hours.
Using your fingers, gently separate turkey skin from flesh. Spread butter mixture underneath skin, season with salt and pepper, and place turkey on a roasting rack inside a roasting pan.
Place turkey in oven and roast until it begins to turn golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and continue to cook until the thickest part of the breast registers between 160 to 165 degrees, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours longer. Remove turkey from oven and let rest for at least 10 to 20 minutes before carving.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved