Tuna Poke Chips
- 2 pounds sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- <8150>Poke Marinade
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (optional)
- One 12-ounce package wonton wrappers
- 1 packed cup picked cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
- <8151>Wasabi Vinaigrette8151>
Serves 6 to 8
Place tuna in a large mixing bowl. Add marinade and toss to coat well. Add avocado, if desired, and mix gently to combine. Transfer to refrigerator to marinate.
Add enough oil to a high-sided cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven to come halfway up sides. Heat over medium-high heat. When hot, reduce heat to medium. In batches, cook wonton wrappers, turning over midway, until lightly browned and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes (make sure wrappers don't fold over as you cook them). Remove from oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined platter to drain. Sprinkle with salt.
Spread wonton chips on a serving platter. Place a heaping tablespoon of tuna mixture in the middle of each chip. Season tuna with a pinch of salt. Garnish with a couple of leaves of cilantro and drizzle with Sriracha and a bit of the Wasabi Vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Cook's Note: This dish can also be served buffet-style.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved