- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced green jalapeno, seeds and stem removed
- 1 tablespoon minced red jalapeno, seeds and stem removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
Serves 6 to 8
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and cayenne. In a second small bowl, whisk together milk, 1/4 cup oil, eggs, cheese, and jalapenos. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir just to combine.
In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Spoon batter into skillet. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and top has lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. Brush honey and butter over top and let cool briefly before serving.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved