Fresh Tomato Vinaigrette
A simple vinaigrette that is equally at home on mixed greens, grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, diced tomatoes (from about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 4 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Makes about 1 cup; serves 6
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, shallot, mint, sugar, salt, pepper, and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and set aside at room temperature at least one hour before serving, to allow the flavors to come together. Serve spoonfuls of vinaigrette over mixed greens.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved