Quick Asian Pickle
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups mirin
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced into coins
In a medium pot, combine the garlic, soy, ginger, sesame oil, mirin, water, salt and sugar, and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes to dissolve the salt and sugar.
Place the cucumber in a non-reactive container. Pour the hot liquid over the cucumber. Let stand 20 minutes and then place into the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved