- Kosher salt, for coating the glass rims
- 1 dozen oysters, freshly shucked, with their liquor
- 1 cup chilled fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 12 ounces tequila
Moisten the rims of 12 shot glasses with water, then dip each glass in kosher salt to coat the rims. Put an oyster into each shot glass.
In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, red bell pepper, shallots, cilantro, parsley, and chives. Pour 1 tablespoon of the lime juice mixture into each of the 12 shot glasses over the oysters.
Pour the tequila into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and shake to chill the tequila. Add about 2 tablespoons of tequila to each of the shot glasses. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 shots
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved