Roasted Chicken Stock
- 1 leftover roasted chicken carcass, breast and thigh meat removed
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in large pot. Cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
Strain stock through strainer or colander into a large bowl or pot. Press down solids to extract as much stock as possible. Reduce down to 3 cups stock. †Let cool and refrigerate for up to a week or freeze.
Yield: 3 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved