Emeril's Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp sauteed with garlic, olive oil, capers and white wine served over pasta is a simple week night dish.
- 1 1/2 pound peeled and deveined large (16-20 count per pound) shrimp,
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon capers, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked linguini
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with the Essence.
Place the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and spread them out evenly in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes and quickly turn the shrimp. Add the garlic and capers to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper and add the pasta, tossing to coat well. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the parsley. Garnish with the parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved