- 2 mirliton, pits removed and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and julienned
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
Spread the mirlitons in 1 layer in a strainer set over a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sit until they release some of their water, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Combine the drained mirlitons, bell pepper, jalapeno, green onions, and parsley. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Pour the dressing over the mirliton and mix well. Adjust seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved