Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe plum or heirloom tomatoes, cored, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a blender, combine all the ingredients and pulse to a chunky consistency.
Transfer to a glass bowl and adjust the seasoning to taste. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved