Parmesan Pita Toast Strips
- 6 (6-inch) white pita breads
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut each pita bread in half horizontally to make 2 rounds. (There will be 12 total rounds.)
In a small bowl, cream the butter with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add the parsley, garlic, Essence, and salt and mix well. Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mixture across each pita round. Sprinkle the top of each evenly with 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese.
Place the rounds on a cutting board and using a pizza wheel, cut each into 5 strips. Transfer to a large baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (The strips will continue to crisp as they cool.)
Serve warm or at room temperature as hors d'oeuvres or snacks, or as accompaniments to soup or salad.
Yield: 60 strips
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved