Lemon Chess Pie
- 2 cups sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 eggs
- One-half cup butter, melted
- One-fourth cup milk
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- One-fourth cup fresh lemon juice
- One nine-inch unbaked pie shell
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cornmeal. Toss lightly.
Add the eggs, melted butter, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Beat until smooth and thoroughly blended. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. The center of the custard should be barely firm. Cool completely before slicing.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved