Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples
- 4 medium apples
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toffee candy bar (recommended: Skor)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped chocolate covered nougat nut candy bar (recommended: Snickers)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toffee candy bar (recommended: Skor)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chocolate covered nougat nut candy bar (recommended: Snickers)
- 3/4 cup soft apple cider
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, accompaniment
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an apple corer and small melon baller, scoop out the stems, cores, and seeds from the apples, leaving the bottoms intact. Cut off the top 1/2-inch of each apple and then stand in a baking dish.
Stuff the roughly chopped candy bars in the apples (2 total tablespoons of candy per apple). Place 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter in each apple on top of the candy. Stuff the finely chopped candy in the apples (2 total tablespoons of candy per apple).
In a bowl, whisk together the cider and sugar. Pour over the apples. Bake uncovered until the apples are tender, 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
Place the apples on plates and top each with a scoop of ice cream. Spoon the pan juices over the ice cream and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved