Melon Soup with Prosciutto Breadsticks
- 1 ripe honeydew melon, about 3 pounds, inner flesh cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons melon liqueur (recommended: Midori)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or more if desired
- 2 tablespoons super fine sugar
- 1 cup ripe cantaloupe balls
- 4 grissini (thin breadsticks)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, Serrano, or other mild ham
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche, garnish
- Mint, for garnishing
In 2 batches in a food processor, puree the melon, mint, 2 1/2 tablespoons of the liqueur, lime juice and sugar. Taste for acidity, you may add more lime juice here if desired. Place in a pitcher or bowl and refrigerate until well chilled.
In a bowl, toss the cantaloupe balls with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon liqueur and let macerate in the refrigerator.
Cut each breadstick in half crosswise and wrap each piece with a slice of ham.
To serve, ladle the soup into 4 shallow bowls. Swirl 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cr╦me fraiche into the center of each serving and arrange a portion of cantaloupe decoratively in each bowl. Arrange 2 breadsticks on the rim of each bowl, and serve. Garnish with fresh mint springs.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved