- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, grilled, peeled and seeded
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 ancho chiles, soaked in boiling water until soft, seeded
- 1 slice white bread, crust removed cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup shelled hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat until smoking. Separately saute the garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, chiles, and bread cubes until lightly browned, about 2 minutes each. Remove each ingredient with a slotted spoon as it is done. Deglaze the pan with the wine.
Place all the sauteed ingredients and the deglazing liquid into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the hazelnuts and process until finely chopped. Add the honey and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved