- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 pound black forest ham, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Sliced cornichons, for garnish
- Fresh chervil, for garnish
In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and cayenne and process until smooth.
Add the ham and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the green onions and thyme and process until smooth.
Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Transfer the mousse to a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip and refrigerate until ready to pipe into the gougeres. (Will keep refrigerated for 24 hours.)
Yield: about 2 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved