- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Combine the vinegar, shallots, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to blend. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Add the oils in a thin, steady stream, whisking continuously, until the dressing thickens slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Makes about 1 cup
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved