Endive, Pear, and Gorgonzola Salad
This is a great salad made with three classic flavor profiles. the pairing of the endive, blue cheese and walnut is not new, but when had in this salad, it makes for something special.
- 4 large Belgian endive bulbs, 14 to 16 ounces total, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 ounces watercress or baby spinach
- 1 bunch (6 ounces) radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 cups diced pears (about 3)
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola (Italian blue cheese), crumbled
- 2 cups toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the endive, watercress, radishes, pears, and Gorgonzola in a large bowl. Sprinkle the walnuts on top, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Combine the honey, shallots, garlic, and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk to blend. Add the white wine and cider vinegars and whisk to incorporate. Gradually whisk in the walnut oil, followed by the olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved