Katafi Wrapped Chicken Strips with 2 Dipping Sauces
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence, or Baby Bam
- 8 ounces (1/2 16-ounce box) katafi (shredded phyllo pastry), defrosted
- Olive oil cooking spray, or olive oil in pump spray bottle
- Apricot Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Raspberry Dipping Sauce
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place a wire rack inside a large baking sheet and lightly grease or spray with olive oil. Set aside.
Lightly season the chicken strips with Essence. Set aside.
Gently unroll the katafi a small amount at a time, making sure that you cover it with a damp towel to keep from drying out.
Cut the katafi into strips the same length as the chicken, about 4-inches. Spread the cut katafi on a work surface. One at a time, lay the chicken strips on the cut katafi and roll to completely cover the chicken.
Place the wrapped chicken on the prepared wire rack and lightly spray the tops with olive oil. Bake until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
Serve hot with the dipping sauces.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved