Spinach and Blue Crab Stuffed Shells with Emeril's Vodka Sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cooked, squeezed dry and chopped spinach
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 5 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped proscuitoo
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 to 20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked until just al dente and drained
- One 25-ounce jar Emeril's Vodka Sauce, or other Emeril's pasta sauce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the breadcrumbs, shells and Vodka sauce and stir until well combined.
One at a time, stuff the shells with the cheese mixture and arrange in even rows in the prpeared dish. Pour the sauce over the shells and sprinkle the tops evenly with the remaining 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs. BAke uncovered until hot and bubbly, and the top is golden, about 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let reset for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved