Atlantic Fish Scallop Salad
- Olive oil to grill scallops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounces fresh scallops (preferable 20/30 count), side muscle removed
- 3 ounces Romaine lettuce, cut into one-half inch ribbons
- 2 ounces mesclun lettuce mix
- 1.5 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce dried cranberries
- 2 ounces balsamic vinaigrette (store-bought) *Note: whip a bit of Dijon mustard into the dressing
- One-half lemon for garnish
Lightly rub the scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill lightly on medium hot grill, turning as needed, do not burn or char, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile place lettuces, Gorgonzola cheese, cranberries, dressing, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss gently with tongs. Arrange the greens on a salad plate. Arrange scallops around the top and sides of the greens. Garnish with the lemon.
Serves 4 as a first course
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved