Sausage, Onion and Bell Pepper Brochettes with Grilled Kicked Up Polenta Squares
- 2 pounds assorted sausages, such as Kielbasa, Linguica, Spicy Italian, or Bratwurst, cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 red bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium yellow onions, peeled and cut into 8ths
- 10 to 12 inch-long wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Polenta Squares
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Thread the sausages, red and green bell pepper pieces, and onions alternately onto the skewers. Grill the brochettes until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are lightly charred, turning occasionally, about 8 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, place the polenta squares on the grill and cook until warmed through and marked by the grill, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Remove the brochettes and grilled polenta from the grill. With the prongs of a fork, slide the sausages and vegetables from the skewers and serve on top of the grilled polenta squares.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved