- 3 ripe plum tomatoes (about 3/4 pound) or 1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Emerilís Hot Sauce or other red hot sauce
In the bowl of a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until the salsa is mostly smooth but still slightly chunky, about 7 pulses.
Transfer to a bowl. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and set aside until ready to serve the nachos.
YIELD: 1 cup
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved