Chef Emeril's Salad
This simple composed salad is a great way to allow your kids to express their creativity -- let them arrange the ingredients on everyone's plates while you whip up the creamy, herbed buttermilk dressing.
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed, patted dry, and torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
To make the dressing, combine the herbs in a food processor and pulse several times to mince. Add the mayonnaise and process until blended and smooth. Add the buttermilk, lemon juice, pepper, and salt. Pulse once or twice to blend well.
For the salad, arrange equal portions of the lettuce in the center of individual salad plates. Arrange equal amounts of the turkey, ham, cheese, and tomato wedges around the lettuce. Top each salad with some of the chopped egg and serve immediately. Serve the salad dressing on the side.
YIELD: 4 large or 6 to 8 side salads
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved