Homemade Herb Cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
Place the ricotta in a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl. Press down with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Refrigerate until well drained, about 2 hours. Place in a food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to blend, being careful not to over process.
Transfer to a piece of plastic and shape into a log. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. (Alternately, spoon the cheese into a small decorative bowl, smoothing the top, to serve as a dip.) The cheese will keep, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.
Yield: about 3/4 cup
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved