Garlic Walnut Sauce
- 3 home-style slices bread, crusted removed
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Greek extra-virgin olive oil
Run the bread under cold running water to saturate. Squeeze dry and crumble into a bowl.
In a food processor, process the garlic with the salt to form a paste, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the walnuts and process until mealy. Add the soaked bread and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and process. With the machine running, add the oil in a steady stream and process until creamy. (If the mixture is too thick, first adjust, to taste, with vinegar,then add water 1 to 2 teaspoons at a time.)
Adjust the seasoning, to taste, and transfer to a decorative bowl for serving with the grilled fish.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved