Herbed Potato Cakes
- 2 Idaho potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
Rinse the potatoes in a large bowl of water and drain well. Transfer to a dish towel and wring dry. If necessary, wring again in a second towel. Place in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well.
Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a medium skillet. Divide the potato mixture into fourths. Form each portion into a 4-inch round cake, about 1/2-inch thick, squeezing out the excess moisture. Place 2 cakes in the hot pan and cook until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning several times. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Yield: 4 cakes
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved