Fettuccine Pieces with Zucchini and Clams
- 1 pound fettucine, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 pound small littleneck or manilla clams
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/8-inch thick half circles
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain well and set aside. Toss with extra-virgin olive oil to prevent sticking.
In a saucepan, add the olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, being careful not to brown. Add the white wine and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Add the clams and cover. Steam for 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, re-cover, and cook until the clams open, another 5 minutes. Uncover and add the extra-virgin olive oil, stirring to emulsify. Add the oregano and the drained pasta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved