Ham and Garlic Pork Rolls
- 4 ounces Serrano ham, thinly sliced
- 8 pork cutlets, pounded thin in rectangles
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- Olive oil, for frying
- <14>1 tablespoon Essence14>
- Finely grated Manchego cheese, garnish
- <6231>Whiskey Butter Sauce6231>
Lay the ham on top of the pounded cutlets. In a small bowl, combine the garlic and parsley. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and water, beating to make an egg wash. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Essence. In a large saute pan, heat enough oil to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan.
Sprinkle the cutlets with the garlic-parsley mixture and roll each one up tightly. Secure with a toothpick. One at a time, dip the cutlets in the egg wash, then in the crumbs to coat. Add in batches to the hot oil and cook, turning, until golden brown on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Lightly season with Essence and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with Whiskey Butter Sauce.
Yield: 4 to 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved