- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Pinch sugar
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh arugula, tough stems removed, rinsed, and spun dry
- 8 ounces Serrano ham, very thinly sliced and cut into pieces
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 small jicama, peeled, quartered, and very thinly sliced
- 1 large firm-ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- Chopped fresh chives, garnish
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, shallots, ginger, and sugar. Add the oils in a steady stream, whisking, until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
In a large bowl, combine the arugula and ham and toss with dressing to coat. Add the pineapple, mango, jicama and avocado and lightly toss to combine and coat with dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
Divide among 4 large plates and top each serving with nuts. Drizzle with dressing, as desired. Garnish each serving with chives and serve.
Yield: 4 servings