Peruvian Japanese Scallop Ceviche
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced takanotsume chile, or other hot red chile, plus 1 takanotsume chile, or other hot red chile, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mirin
- 1 pound fresh, sushi-grade sea scallops, sliced crosswise into rounds as thinly as possible
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Combine the rice vinegar, minced chiles, salt, and mirin in a glass bowl. Add the sliced scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add the green onion and sesame seeds, gently stirring to mix.
Arrange the cucumber slices on each of 4 plates. Spoon the scallop mixture on top of the cucumbers and garnish with the julienned chiles. Drizzle with soy sauce and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved