Marinated Goat Cheeses
- 4 (2-ounce) crottins Chavignol, or other French goat cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender blossoms
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- Edible flowers, such as pansies or nasturtiums, garnish
- Minced fresh soft herbs, such as parsley, dill or tarragon, garnish
- Homemade Croutons
Place the cheeses in a sealable 2-cup jar. Add the thyme, garlic, pepper, lavender, and salt, and top with oil to cover completely.
Let stand for 48 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Bring to room temperature. Transfer to a platter or plates and garnish, if desired with edible flowers or herbs. Serve with homemade croutons or crackers, or crumbled into salads.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved