Hot Chocolate Drink
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or brandy
- Whipped cream
- Grated bittersweet chocolate
In a saucepan, bring the milk and cream to a low boil. Remove from the heat.
Whisk the cocoa and vanilla into the milk. Add the sugar and simmer over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Add the coffee liqueur and rum and stir well.
Remove from the heat and pour into 4 mugs. Top with a spoonful of whipped cream and grated chocolate. Serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved