Pan Fried Pass Manchac Catfish with Spicy Tartar Sauce and Hush Puppies
- 4 (8-ounce) catfish fillets, sliced as thinly as possible lengthwise into 2 to 3 thin pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- <5680>Spicy Tartar Sauce5680>
- <5681>Buttermilk Hush Puppies5681>
Place the flour in a shallow dish and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Creole seasoning. Season the fish on both sides with the salt. Lightly dredge both sides of the fish with the flour and shake to remove any excess.
Heat about 1/2 cup of the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Place 2 fish fillets in the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels and season with the remaining Creole seasoning. Repeat with the remaining fish, adding more oil as needed.
Serve hot with the Spicy Tartar Sauce and Hush Puppies.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved