Ontario Lamb Loin with Saskatoon Berry Chutney
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) lamb loins, trimmed and tied at 1-inch intervals
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- <14>2 teaspoons Essence14>
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- <5445>Saskatoonberry Chutney5445>
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, oil, ginger, mint, Essence, cumin, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
Place the loins in a roasting pan and pat with the breadcrumb mixture to make a crust. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 125 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with Saskatoonberry Chutney.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved