Fresh Asparagus Salad with Lump Crabmeat
- 2 small bunches fresh asparagus
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
Trim about two inches off the end of each asparagus stalk. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the size. Transfer the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to cool for 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, onions, shallots, garlic, capers, parsley, chervil, and tarragon in a bowl and whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Add the crabmeat and gently toss to coat evenly.
To serve, arrange the asparagus on a platter and spoon the crabmeat mixture over the asparagus.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved