White Bean and Rosemary
- 2 (16-ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth and taste for seasoning. Place in a covered container in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. This spread is even better if you let it set 24 hours to let the flavors marry.
*Garlic takes on a whole new flavor (sweet and nut-like) when roasted. It has a multitude of uses, from spreading it on toasted bread or adding it to a sauce. To roast the garlic, cut off the top and rub with olive oil. Wrap it in aluminum foil and roast in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. The cloves will pop out and can be used right away; or you can put it in a sealed container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Spread Makes 3 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved