- 4 sirloin steaks, each 1 1/2-inches-thick
- 2 tablespoons Asian oyster sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters with their liquor
- 1/2 cup dry, white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Using a sharp knife cut a long, wide pocket in the side of each steak. Brush the inside of the steaks with Asian oyster sauce and season with the black pepper. Drain the oysters, reserving their liquor. Stuff 6 oysters in each steak. Thread a skewer through the side of each steak to hold the oysters in place.
Grill the steaks to desired degree of doneness. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the reserved oyster liquor and white wine, and reduce until thick and syrupy. Whisk the butter into sauce, a tablespoon at a time. Place the cooked steaks on serving plates and top with sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved