- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- One and three-fourths cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- One-half cup butter
- One and two-thirds cups brown sugar
- One-half cup pecan pieces
- 2 cups cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- One and one-half teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease two large muffin tins.**
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable, granulated sugar, vanilla, butter, brown sugar, pecans and cantaloupe. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Stir flour mixture into cantaloupe mixture; stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
** You can bake this in two 9 1/2" greased loaf pans too.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved