Fabulous Picnic Sandwich
- Large round Italian bread or loaf of French Bread
- Olive salad or kalamata olives
- Red wine vinegar or Balsamic vinegar
- Assortment of cured meats like prosciutto, mortadella, Genoa salami OR good white tuna packed in oil
- Slices of cheese like provolone, mozzarella or crumbled goat's cheese
- Roasted sliced red peppers
- Red onions, thinly sliced
- Peeled slices of seeded Kirby cucumbers
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper
Remove a little "cap" from top of the round bread or remove inside crumb from inside and sides of French bread. Spread olive salad inside walls of the bread or paint it with olive oil; sprinkle with drops of vinegar and season each side with salt and pepper.
Layer assorted cold cuts and cheeses inside, dotting layers with more olive salad and slices of red peppers, cucumbers, and artichoke hearts. OR use the tuna and layer it with anchovies, capers, peppers, tomatoes, onions and black olives. OR mix any combination of any ingredients listed above to suit your own taste.
Press the bread slices together, wrap in foil and chill until ready to load into the picnic basket.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved