- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- One-half teaspoon dried basil
- One-half teaspoon dried oregano
- One-fourth teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into one-fourth-inch pieces
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed and sliced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until they vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add herbs and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Uncover and cook on medium heat until the liquid is reduced.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved