Uncle Dave's Rum Pumpkin Pie
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- One and one-half cups pureed cooked pumpkin
- One and two-thirds cups light cream
- 2 tablespoons rum or bourbon
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- Two-thirds cup sugar
- One-half teaspoon salt
- One and one-half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One-half teaspoon ginger
- One-half teaspoon nutmeg
- One-fourth teaspoon allspice
- One-fourth teaspoon cloves
- One 9-inch pie shell
- One-half cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- One and one-half cups shelled pecans
Heat sugar and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the pecans and brown, turning to coat them evenly. Remove from heat and cool.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Combine all the wet ingredients and stir to mix. Combine the dry ingredients. Pour into the wet mixture and mix well. Pour into the pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 and bake for 20 minutes. Add the topping and bake another 10 minutes.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved