Peanut Popcorn Balls
- 1 (three and one-half ounce) bag of microwave popcorn or 10 cups popped popcorn
- One-half cup dry-roasted peanuts or honey-roasted peanuts
- One-fourth cup peanut butter morsels
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- One-fourth cup each black and orange gumdrops (Halloween), Red and Green (December Holidays), coarsely chopped (optional)
- Paper muffin pan liners
Prepare the popcorn as directed on package. Discard any unpopped kernels. Place in a large mixing bowl with the peanuts and peanut butter morsels.
In a 4-cup microwave-safe measuring cup, combine the marshmallows and butter or margarine. Microwave on HIGH for one and one-half to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth; stir once halfway through the cooking process. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn, tossing until evenly coated.
With buttered hands, form into two and one-half-inch balls. If desired add gumdrops to the surface of the balls to provide color. Place the balls in individual paper muffin pan liners. Refrigerate until firm.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved